Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's finally here!


They say that your favorite season is usually the one in which your birthday falls in. This completely applies to me. I'm so excited for Spring. I love all of the seasons, but the one where I know that winter's grasp is finally weakening is the best. I love the snow until New Years, and then, enough already! Now is the time that I get so anxious to be outside and make my corner of the world beautiful. But this Spring, I've let my yard go quite a bit. My arm is still gimpy, so I just watch the weeds grow from my house. But I was determined to at least get my front yard in decent shape, and my back garden area ready for planting...that is all I can hope for this year. So, after a long day of primping my yard, I snapped some photos.

As you can see, we live next to a weed field...this makes weed control nearly impossible. Oh well, what can you do? Anyway, there are a few pheasants who live there. I've affectionately named this one Phil. He's not afraid of any of us. He just squawks sometimes and struts around. Ryan loves it when he comes out of the brush to visit us.


This is the beautiful flower pot my Sweetheart got me for Mother's Day. I love the colors!

This is a part of the garden...we don't have a traditional garden plot, we just plant our veggies in the back flower bed. We love tomatoes...Roma, Celebrity, Early Girl and Cherry. A couple of jalapenos, and red chili and green peppers round out this section. Not shown are pumpkins, zucchini, peas, carrots, squash and corn.

This is a small herb garden I planted. My oregano came back from last year, and I added basil and cilantro. I love using fresh herbs, but have a hard time keeping an herb garden alive. Am I the only one? I hope this one lasts!

Just a quick shot of the front flower bed. The picture doesn't do it justice. The middle Spirea bushes are a limey yellow and I love the way they contrast with the deep red bushes. I also love my Salvia and Day Lilies.

Last shot...my strawberries, lilacs and roses. My lilac bush is still small, but when it blossoms, it is heaven on earth. Our strawberries are out of control, but we like it that way. Can't wait for June when they are ripe! Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment