I started this blog as a type of journal. It helps me to get my thoughts in order and on "paper" so to speak. In the past, I have rarely written down anything about me. I'm just not very good at that. But I'm trying to do better. So this post is about me....today. I was going through my e-mails, trying to clean up my inbox, and came across this list that was going around last summer. I had filled it out and sent it on. When I wrote it, I had fun reflecting on things about me, and I also enjoyed reading what my friends and family wrote for their lists. So, today I decided to take the list, tweak a few things based on the present, and post it here. So, if you care, this is a quick snapshot of me...today:1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:00 am
2. Diamonds or pearls? DIAMONDS!!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Star Trek...it was pretty good
4. What is your favorite TV show? I'm a closet American Idol fan. I also love anything on Food Network (I really like the cake decorating competitions)
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Usually Cereal (whatever kind the kids have left for me in the pantry)
6. What is your middle name? Don't have one
7. What food do you dislike? Cooked carrots
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? I love my Ipod's "Radio Mix" playlist right now: Matchbox Twenty, Jason Mraz, Depeche Mode, The Fray, Coldplay, Maroon 5, Daughtry, etc.
9. What kind of car do you drive? a blue Ford Expedition
10. Favorite sandwich? Warm Turkey with Avocado & Swiss or Provolone cheese -- Yum!!
11. What characteristic do you despise? Obnoxiousness (unfortunately, I'm afraid I suffer from this characteristic)
12. Favorite item of clothing? My yoga pants and a t-shirt (at least that's what I wear a lot)
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Europe (mainly Italy)
14. Favorite brand of clothing? I have recently discovered that I like New York and Company stuff, but I LOVE anything Ann Taylor
15. Where would you retire to? Close to my kids
16. Your most recent memorable birthday? They are all memorable since I share them with my twin sister, Denise and my mom! We have a ball!
17. Favorite sport to watch? Jazz basketball
18. Furthest place your friends are? Wisconsin or Ohio (they are both too far away)
19. When is your birthday? May 18
20. Morning or a night person? Night. I really hate mornings
21. What is your shoe size? 71/2 to 8
22. Pets? Never (If we get a pet, Ryan will leave)
23. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I'm going back to school! Probably going into Nursing, but we will see.
24. What did you want to be when you were little? a teacher
25. How do you feel today? Optimistic that my arm will get better, and glad the weather is going to be beautiful!
26. What is your favorite flower? Geraniums or hydrangeas
27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? August 21st -- I get to spend the weekend with just Ryan for our anniversary
28. What are you listening to right now? Lauren playing the piano...she's getting pretty good.
29. What was the last thing you ate? Breakfast
30. Do you wish on stars? Sometimes
31. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Purple
32. How is the weather right now? Very nice
33. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My sweetie, Ryan
34. Favorite soft drink? I mix my drinks now....mostly Diet Coke with a little bit of Cherry Coke on the top (needs a little bit of sugar!)
35. Favorite food? Probably crab, but I love anything Italian and Bajio's shrimp tacos!!!
36. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbies (though Denise and I would never get to actually play with them. We would spent so much time getting them dressed and setting up the barbie house that it was always time to clean up when we would start playing)
37. Summer or winter? Spring!!
38. Hugs or making out? Both! (Though Ryan would question that answer!)
39. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate, chocolate and chocolate
40. Coffee or tea? Neither, but I am at least a 2 packet girl with my hot chocolate (refer to #39)
41. When was the last time you cried? Sounds corny, but it was last week, while reading the Conference talks
42. What did you do last night? Went to Braiden's T-Ball game and watched the American Idol finale
43. What are you afraid of? Losing someone I love
44. Salty or sweet? Sweet, sweet, and sweet (#34, #40, and again, #39)
45. How many keys on your key ring? 4 keys, 4 tags, and a cute Winnie the Pooh key chain in the shape of a "J"
46. How many years at your current job? 12 years being a mom (WOW!!)
47. Favorite day of the week: Friday night (DATE NIGHT!)
48. How many towns have you lived in? 9
49. Do you make friends easily? I hope so
50. Favorite outdoor activity? Hiking
So! That's me in a nutshell! Feel free to post your own list in the comments section. I would love to get your version of the list!


You changed your blog--new name, and public. I loved your sweet comment on my blog and clicked on "Sweet Joys" to see who you were and BOOM! I was surprised to see you. Anyway, I think it is about being prayerful, following the whispering of the Spirit and then not looking back with regret once you've taken the leap of faith. This is a formula for a lot of different paths. I'm glad that you are getting to do something you want for yourself.
ReplyDelete1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30 am
ReplyDelete2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I have a new born, I don't watch movies anymore....Hmmmm Yes Man in January.
4. What is your favorite TV show? House, Bones or Prison Break
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal or Oatmeal
6. What is your middle name? Tenille
7. What food do you dislike? Horseradish
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Keith Urban greatest hits
9. What kind of car do you drive? Blue Hyundai Sonata
10. Favorite sandwich? Pb&J
11. What characteristic do you despise? Flakiness
12. Favorite item of clothing? Pj Pants and tank top
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Greece
14. Favorite brand of clothing? Usually Old Navy is good, but whatever fits
15. Where would you retire to? Winter St. George, Summer, Logan maybe
16. Your most recent memorable birthday? My birthday a couple years back when we went to the Melting Pot
17. Favorite sport to watch? Jazz basketball
18. Furthest place your friends are? California
19. When is your birthday? Nov 28
20. Morning or a night person? Morning
21. What is your shoe size? 71/2 to 8
22. Pets? Cat-Stockton (oldest, now neglected, son)
23. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Hmmm, I got nothing. It is a long weekend and we are closing shop early today! Woo-hoo!
24. What did you want to be when you were little? a fashion designer
25. How do you feel today? Sad because my baby girl is sick and not feeling well.
26. What is your favorite flower? Calla Lillies
27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Any Friday. I can be home for the weekend with Cora
28. What are you listening to right now? What am I listening too? Hmmm, not sure. I think it is Kanye West. Something on the radio, haven't heard it before.
29. What was the last thing you ate? Animal Crackers
30. Do you wish on stars? Not in a long time, should do so again.
31. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? White-easily swayed by other colors sometimes, but individual and if you mix enough of me in, I can totally eliminate other colors.
32. How is the weather right now? Fab
33. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My sweetie, Dave
34. Favorite soft drink? Don't like soft drinks. Root beer is an occassional treat.
35. Favorite food? Spaghetti or Lasagne
36. What was your favorite toy as a child? Big Dog (odd because now I hate dogs)
37. Summer or winter? Summer
38. Hugs or making out? Hugs
39. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
40. Coffee or tea? Tea
41. When was the last time you cried? This morning...I was watching Dave dote on his sick little girl.
42. What did you do last night? Date night, went to Joe's Crab Shack
43. What are you afraid of? Losing someone I love
44. Salty or sweet? Depends
45. How many keys on your key ring? Too many
46. How many years at your current job? 2
47. Favorite day of the week: Friday night
48. How many towns have you lived in? 4
49. Do you make friends easily? Sometimes
50. Favorite outdoor activity? Camping, snow skiing or snow shoeing
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:30 am
ReplyDelete2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Percy Jackson and the Olypimians.
4. What is your favorite TV show? American Idol
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal or whatever Dad or Lauren makes
6. What is your middle name? Denise
7. What food do you dislike? Anything Mexican
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Kiss and Tell
9. What kind of car do you drive? I don’t drive
10. Favorite sandwich? Ham and Turkey with Provolone cheese
11. What characteristic do you despise? Bossiness
12. Favorite item of clothing? Birthday clothes from Grandma
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Europe (Everywhere!)
14. Favorite brand of clothing? Justice
15. Where would you retire to? Northern Utah
16. Your most recent memorable birthday? My 13th. I had an Amazing Race party and lots of fun!
17. Favorite sport to watch? Jazz basketball
18. Furthest place your friends are? Wisconsin
19. When is your birthday? April 19
20. Morning or a night person? Night. I don’t do mornings!
21. What is your shoe size? 6 ½ to 7
22. Pets? No pets (yet)
23. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I am starting 8th!
24. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher.
25. How do you feel today? Sick
26. What is your favorite flower? Roses
27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? July 14 and July 20; Girls Camp and then Wisconsin!
28. What are you listening to right now? Harry Potter Music
29. What was the last thing you ate? A very small pancake
30. Do you wish on stars? Sometimes
31. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Purple
32. How is the weather right now? Good
33. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My wonderful mom, telling me to clean up the kitchen even though she was in the garage.
34. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke
35. Favorite food? Seafood.
36. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbies
37. Summer or winter? Summer but Spring is the best!
38. Hugs or making out? Hugs
39. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate!
40. Coffee or tea? Neither
41. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday
42. What did you do last night? Stayed home
43. What are you afraid of? Losing someone I love
44. Salty or sweet? Sweet!!
45. How many keys on your key ring? 0 (See #9)
46. How many years at your current job? 13 years at being a great daughter.
47. Favorite day of the week: Friday night
48. How many towns have you lived in? 5
49. Do you make friends easily? I don’t know.
50. Favorite outdoor activity? Swimming!
Thanks Mom! I love you!
~Katie