
For my Mother's Day gift, I headed down to the Gateway for a cooking class. Geneal, Tenille, and I learned how to make Bobby Flay's "Burgers, Fries, and Milkshakes" from his new cookbook. I was really looking forward to this class! I love to cook and am always excited about learning new things. It was really fun to go with Geneal and Tenille! They are a blast to be around. I'm not a huge gourmet burger fan, but went with high hopes and enthusiasm. I figured that whatever Bobby Flay made had to be good!

We started by dividing up the kitchen tasks. Mine was to make the spice rub, and in my over-zealous way, I didn't read the recipe right and doubled the amount of cayenne pepper! Oops! I corrected the situation, though and they turned out spicy, but good. Being in the kitchen was so fun! We got to use all of Sur La Table's great kitchen toys! And the best part is...no clean-up! We made two kinds of burgers, both tiny, but delicious! We also made some yummy homemade fries. Here is the finished product.

The Dallas Burger, the one on the right, had my spice rub on it and topped with coleslaw. I actually HATE coleslaw, but I knew I needed to try it....I LOVED IT! It was SO good!
We finished off the night making delicious milkshakes. We made our own chocolate syrup and created a double chocolate milkshake with marshmallow whipped cream. YUM!! Then, we toasted marshmallows over the flame of the stove and made a toasted marshmallow milkshake! It was divine! One of the best Mother's Day presents ever!



No comments:
Post a Comment