Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Getting Older


My Mom, my twin, and I celebrated another birthday. Yep, three birthdays to enjoy! Denise and I were born on Janis' birthday, so it's always one big party! I have to say, blogging is great....it gets me to reflect on things. It also gets me to take more pictures, even of myself. I think this is the first birthday picture I have of me for at least a decade. I always have tons of everyone else's for their birthday, but not mine. I'm glad I'm becoming more aware of these things!
The day was pretty normal. It was a Monday after all. Mondays and I don't seem to always get along. There was plenty of laundry to do, breakfast to clean up, and kids to get off to school. But I did manage to get down to Salt Lake for lunch with my Sweetie. He is absolutely swamped at work and I worried that I was prohibiting him from his deadlines, but he insisted. It was a nice, quiet lunch. Uneventful and wonderful....I love just being with him.
Then the chaos continued. Off to Costco to replace the iron that broke over the weekend, then home to get the little Ballerinas off to Ballet. Then a quick trip to the grocery store and back to pick up the Ballerinas. Denise was a saint and picked Braiden up for his T-Ball game for me, or he would have been late. Made it to the game and then went and washed all of the bugs off the car from the recent trip to Erda. Then the whole family went to Olive Garden. Grandma Joyce, Doug and Karol, Bob and Kathy, Ryan and Josalyn, Jason, Kaylee, Denise, and my parents were there. It was crazy, but good.
Finished off with a cake and ice cream party at Mom's house. We actually had it in the back yard! The thermometer topped 90 degrees today! The warmest birthday I can remember. It was so nice to celebrate outside. I secretly watched the kids playing on the trampoline for a minute. They were so cute, playing a "dead man" game. Then Uncle Jason came over and started playing with them. He is such a cute uncle! I love how great he is with my kids. My heart took a picture of that moment.
Came home and put kids to bed, but not before Ethan got a tummy ache and threw up. Oh well, just another day in paradise, right? Definitely paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment