This is my oldest son.
I can't believe he just turned eight years old.
It makes me want to smile and cry all at the same time.
He had a great birthday. The weather was beautiful. We celebrated in style by eating at The Cracker Barrel (Hey, I gave him the choice of any restaurant in Layton and that's what he wanted!). After dinner, we opened presents and enjoyed cake and ice cream (I'm getting so lazy in my old age with that pathetic football cake, but he loved it.)
He loved getting this microscope set from us. He has been playing with it for hours and hours. He's now asking for a telescope for Christmas. Who knew he would like science so much?
But he was most excited to get a motorized scooter. Just look at that happy face! Perfect!
Happy Eighth Birthday, Braiden!!! We love you so much!!
Well, turning eight also means making the choice to be baptized a member of our church. We talked a lot about this with Braiden and he decided to become a member. We are proud of the young man he is becoming. We went to Temple Square and had his baptism pictures taken with his dad. They turned out so great!!
This one makes me tear up every time I look at it. I love these two guys more than anything...
Love this little suit that Grandma Janis got for him!! I couldn't ask for better pictures of him!
The big baptism day arrived and Ryan and I took Braiden to a special lunch, just the three of us before the big event. We were so excited that so many family members came to support us on Braiden's big day, including Grandma Nancy (we were so sad when Grandpa Blair became ill and had to leave....he and Grandma were greatly missed!). Braiden and I performed a musical number before the baptism (well, in the end only Braiden sang because I blubbered through the whole song! I'm such a boob!). I'm so grateful that Ryan holds God's priesthood and was able to perform the ordinance. We are so proud of you, Braiden and we know that your Heavenly Father is too!!
After the baptism, we went back to our house for dinner. As usual, it's always a party when you get that many people in our house. Somehow, the Nerf guns came out and war ensued. Amanda suffered the most because of her velcro-like sweater. It was hilarious!
I caught this cute moment with Uncle Dave, Cora, and Ethan playing on the tramp. Ethan is loving the amount of air he's getting!
I love getting family together and the older I get, the more I realize that its one of the only thing that matters. I love making memories with my family!
As a continuing tradition, I want to include a snapshot of Braiden at age eight. My, how he's changed from a year ago!
-- Braiden is a good student. At the first of the year, he informed me that he hates school and the only thing he liked about it was PE. But, he has since changed his mind. He LOVES his teacher, Ms. Carmony, and he gets really excited for Thursdays when I come and help in the classroom. He now actually enjoys doing his homework instead of complaining about it. He is in the top reading and math groups at school and has discovered a love for science. It is fun to see him bloom!
-- Braiden is thrilled to be in scouts. He became a Cub Scout when he turned eight. He absolutely loves it and can't wait to go every week! He has already made a bird feeder and learned about Native Americans.
-- Braiden LOVES soccer. Until now, he hasn't been extremely enthusiastic. He's enjoyed it, yes, but has never excelled and thrived. But this year, he's been on fire!! Running up and down the field like a wild child! Blocking, passing, and even scoring!!! We have been telling him how proud we are of him for TRYING, because that's what really matters. It is so fun to watch him enjoy it so much!!
-- Braiden is so tender-hearted. If something happens that he doesn't like, I have two choices: get frustrated with him and escalate the situation to where no one is happy, or give him a hug and feel his little body melt in my arms. He loves affection and craves it daily. If I remember to be patient and loving towards him, I never have any problems with him. What a sweet boy he is....I hope he always stays that way!
--Braiden refuses to eat school lunch. He doesn't like anything they serve, even pizza and chicken nuggets. He faithfully makes his own lunch every morning...the same lunch...peanut butter sandwich (just peanut butter), Cheez-It crackers, fruit cup, and granola bar. every. single. day.
--Braiden's favorite Primary song is "I Love To See The Temple" and we have to sing it every time it's his turn to pick the song before family prayer.
--Braiden's favorite radio song is "I've Got A Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas. It replaced "Vida la Vida" by Coldplay. It is so cute to listen to him sing these two songs very loudly!
--Braiden is obsessed with Tony Hawk apparel. All of his jeans and most of his shirts have to be Tony Hawk, even though I highly doubt he even knows who the guy is!!
--Braiden refuses to eat school lunch. He doesn't like anything they serve, even pizza and chicken nuggets. He faithfully makes his own lunch every morning...the same lunch...peanut butter sandwich (just peanut butter), Cheez-It crackers, fruit cup, and granola bar. every. single. day.
--Braiden's favorite Primary song is "I Love To See The Temple" and we have to sing it every time it's his turn to pick the song before family prayer.
--Braiden's favorite radio song is "I've Got A Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas. It replaced "Vida la Vida" by Coldplay. It is so cute to listen to him sing these two songs very loudly!
--Braiden is obsessed with Tony Hawk apparel. All of his jeans and most of his shirts have to be Tony Hawk, even though I highly doubt he even knows who the guy is!!
I love my little Braiden!!







No comments:
Post a Comment