Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's Pretty Much My Favorite Place

Jackson. Glorious Jackson.  Every year in September we head North and I can't tell you how much I love this annual trip. 

Sometimes we get rain, sometimes we get snow, but this year, we got be-you-ti-ful weather. 

And the Fall COLORS!!! 

Usually, people stop their cars and get out to take pictures of wildlife, but this year, they were stopping to snap pictures of the trees!!  Stunning color, my friends! 

I know you are all jealous right now, but come along on our little recap today and all will be well.

The first day, our family split up.  Ryan took the boys floating on the Snake to fish all day.  I wish we had pictures, but I had the camera.  I'm sure it was so cute.  Both boys caught a fish, even though Braiden had to wait almost the entire day to catch one!  He was so patient and SO excited when he finally got one!

Naturally, while the boys fished, the girls shopped!!  We love shopping in Jackson and we enjoyed a yummy lunch with Grandma, Auntie R, and Cora as well.


After shopping, the girls and I went horseback riding in Teton Village.  It was SO fun!!  I haven't been on a horse since...well, it's been a long time. 


Lauren was hilarious mounting up...this was her first time ever. We didn't laugh at her TOO much.





Katie is a more seasoned horseback rider, this being her third time and all.  Way to go, Katie!



We had a BALL!!  My horse's name was Princess, of course!!  How appropriate, right?  Katie rode on Custard and Lauren was on Bear (who was mean....he kicked me!!)




We had a great time and we might make this an annual girl tradition!!

The next day was spent in Yellowstone. We love this park and like to explore new places every year.  Did I already mention the weather was gorgeous?  Well, it was!


We saw a black bear just outside of Moose every day.  I got some great video on my new phone of him climbing a tree, but it was somehow erased!!  Grrrrr, I was mad! So, this is the best picture I got of him with my camera. 


OK, so this is what I meant by spectacular colors!!  Check that out!!  I can't remember when the leaves have been so vibrant! 





We walked around an area we hadn't visited before with hot springs flowing into Yellowstone Lake.  Very cool...I mean hot.


Three of my favorite people by Yellowstone Lake


Kids playing on the beach of Yellowstone Lake, having a ball.






 
Then we went to the canyon to see the falls.  We love it there.




 Waiting and watching for Old Faithful to erupt...how cute is that?



On our way to West Yellowstone, we spotted this moose.  I love how Braiden gave her a little wave.  It made my heart smile.


What a wonderful trip, full of family, fun, and wonderful memories.  I hope this tradition never dies.  In fact, Braiden asked me if we can still go when he is married with kids. 

Yes, Braiden.  I'm planning on it.

1 comment:

  1. Have no fear, this tradition will NEVER die! We all love it too much!

    ReplyDelete