YIKES, I need to catch up!! Since I'm lagging behind, here's the whirlwind version of the goings on of the rest of summer...
We love August because that always means the Gittins come to visit! We went to Lagoon and had a blast (except for the brief bout of illness that John had to endure). Bumper cars are always a hit...
And no family outing would be complete without stuffing our faces with yummy food.
We also went to Boondocks to mini golf. What a blast! The kids are hilarious to watch, but the adults were pretty funny too.
Not sure why Lauren looks so worried after hitting the ball. Maybe she inherited her mother's EXCELLENT putting skills? hmmmm, if she could only be so lucky!
I lost count of how many times some one's ball went into the water. On this particular occasion, it was up to Jason and me to retrieve it.
I'll let you figure out whether or not I made that putt in one shot...or two....or sixteen...
More ball retrievals (I wondered if the guilty golfer yelled FORE!)
Some of the cutest kids on the entire planet ("that's just silly, have you met everyone on the planet?")
At Boondocks, they have a ball machine where you get to pick the color of your ball, apparently, the machine really likes yellow, because it didn't matter which color you picked, yellow came out. On this particular hole, we kept track of each other's balls with our beautifully colored toes (Mom, me, and Jess).
Another fun thing we did this summer was put up a pool in the backyard. My sweet friend Marcie gave it to us. The kids absolutely loved it! They would play for hours in that thing!! Thanks, Marcie!
Speaking of swimming, we made our way down to St. George to finish off summer and swam in Grandma's pool. The kids love doing this and I love sitting and watching it all unfold. Ahhhh, Summer!!
Our little fishy, also known as Ethan
He swam, swam, and swam some more. So much, in fact, that his eyes were all red and puffy from the pool. I told him to sit on the couch and close his eyes for a minute. He was cracking me up, so I had to take this picture. It makes me laugh right out loud!
I had to take a picture of this too. The guys are playing the Wii, and not a kid in sight...they were off playing in the other room! It was funny that Grandpa got into the Wii as much as the kids did.
We finished off our trip by going to Tuacahn and watching "Crazy For You" (LOVE that musical!).
Writing this post reminds me of all of the wonderful sights, sounds, and tastes of summer. It's sad to see summer go, but looking forward to what's next. I love each season for it's own reasons, and I love reflecting back on good memories.
Life is good, people....really good!


No comments:
Post a Comment