Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Big Century Mark!

Wow! I can't believe it, but this is my one hundredth post!  I wasn't sure how I wanted to celebrate, but in the end I decided to eat some cookie dough! Good choice, I'm thinkin'.

I have really enjoyed this blogging thing.  It has caused me to improve in many ways.  I have always failed at keeping a journal and this blog has really helped me document special moments in my life, big and small.  In fact, it has inspired me to start a somewhat pathetic journal on paper.  During back-to-school-get-all-of-your-supplies-quick time, the stores always have darling notebooks front and center that seem to be screaming to get you to buy them.  I caved and took one home and thought, "but what am I going to do with this?" 

So I started a monthly journal.  Monthly, as in once a month. See? Told you it was pathetic, but I figured that a monthly recap of our little family was a good and manageable place to start.  You'll be so proud to learn that I have been consistent for a whopping two straight months!!  I think I will be able to keep up with it, and who knows, maybe improve in due time.  So, I will now transfer those journal entries to cyberspace.  It's funny because as I was recapping September, I reread August and realized that I had already forgotten a few things we had done just a few weeks before!!  My memory ain't what it used to be!!

So, here's a recap of August and September.  I will turn several of the following into their very own posts, but, again, that will have to wait for another day (sigh!)

In August,

--we learned that Ryan's HUGE trial was postponed to January, so we will be seeing him a little more (for now).

--the girls spent a week with Grandma Geneal and had a great time shopping and swimming (Katie's hair turned the coolest shade of GREEN from the pool!)

--my Uncle Randy was sealed in the temple to his sweet wife, Robyn.

--we spent lots of time getting ready for school to start: haircuts, doctor visits, dentist and eye appointments)

--Lauren got contact lenses!

--Katie got her braces off just in time for school to start!

--Jessica and her family came for a visit, which means we were really busy playing, playing, going to lunch, playing, and shopping

--Ry and I celebrated our FIFTEENTH wedding anniversary!!!

In September,

--we spent Labor Day in St. George with Denise visiting Grandma and Grandpa.  We shopped, swam, and enjoyed "Crazy For You" at Tuachaun.

--Ryan and I enjoyed two separate retreats for work (cool, huh?).  The first one was up at Snowbird where we rode the Tram, zip line, and Alpine Slide.  Sooo fun!  The second one was at the Zermatt Resort in Midway were we drove a four-seater ATV around the mountains.  We laughed the entire time except for the few minutes when we realized we had a flat tire!!  Good times!

--we went on our annual Jackson trip.  It was wonderful!  The colors and weather were gorgeous!!  The girls and I shopped and rode horses in the mountains while the boys fished on the river.  As usual, Yellowstone was great!  Lots of great animal sightings this year!

--we celebrated Braiden's eighth birthday!!  We went to Cracker Barrel and enjoyed a yummy football cake.

--we went to a few soccer games, Jen started helping in the kids' classrooms, got our family pictures taken, and watched Ry's work schedule get busier and busier.

-----------------
I'm going to try to sum up each month from now on.  Sometimes I am too busy to post about each individual event, so this is a good recap.

So, in closing, I wanted to wish everyone a happy 100th post!  I'm very proud of my little corner of the web and am pleased when I get any visits from the people I love.  Here's to the next 100!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment