I'm so far behind on journal blogging, that I feel like I'm missing the HERE and NOW. So, I'm sharing what took place this weekend....

Ethan came home from school a few days ago with his first loose tooth. The kid is almost 7!! All of my kids have been late teethers and I guess they wanted to hold onto those baby teeth as long as they could. He was so funny wiggling it all week. So yesterday at Grandma's house, after Conference, he wanted Dad to pull it out.

It was still stuck pretty good, but he was very brave and eventually....

He was THRILLED!! Finally, after watching all of his older siblings "cash in", it was his turn. He put it in a baggie and carefully brought it home. The entire night was then filled with Ethan's tongue twisting around the hole in his teeth...so funny!
However, tragedy struck at bedtime when he could not find the baggie! We looked for a half hour, but with no success. The poor kid was heart broken, so we left the Tooth Fairy a note explaining our dilemma, and what do you know? She came through with a reply note and some cash!! What a gal!!
This is just another event in the long list of "lasts" that I'm experiencing alot more lately. My baby is growing up. I have the days all to myself now. I tell the kids to get ready, and they go jump in the shower and get dressed with only some encouragement from me. We can go on a road trip with a lot less gear and ride all of the big rides together at Disneyland and Lagoon. That is great, but I sometimes miss the crazy, haven't-washed-my-hair-in-3-days-and-it-looks-like-it-might-be-a-few-more-before-I-get-to times. There will never be another "first loose tooth". No more Preschool, no more sippy cups, no more Nursery....I could go on and on and it's hard to swallow. I love each new phase, but it's hard to see my kids grow up so fast.
I'm not trying to be a glass half empty kind of girl today, if anything, I'm trying to savor each "last" a little longer and enjoy my time with my kids. I love them all so much and I'm glad I can experience all of their firsts and lasts with them!! What a blessing they are in my life!!


No comments:
Post a Comment