Wow! It has been a long time since you have heard from me...I'm just having a great summer with my kiddos. I can't believe it's almost over. School starts in two weeks!! I guess time flies when you are having fun!
Katie's birthday party was clear back in May, the weekend we got back from Dubai, but I wanted to share this fun day. We are big "The Amazing Race" fans at our house, so Katie wanted an Amazing Race party! Denise had put something like this together for a ward activity, so I employed her to organize and run the whole thing....once again, Denise saves the day!
It was a great party. Katie has darling friends and it was fun watching them go through the race. We began with a run down of the rules from Denise, then the race started!
Our first clue sent us to Boondocks in Kaysville. We were all off like lightning!!
At Boondocks, the girls were given the task of getting enough tickets playing Skeeball to buy bracelets for each team member. It was mass chaos, but they were all good little Skeeball players!
Our next clue took us to the Library in Layton. At this stop, the girls could choose between two different tasks. They could either look for crayons in the grass outside of the Library....
Or find three separate books inside of the Library....
We were then off to search for a park in Layton using just a point on the map. Once there, the girls had to run around the track backwards! I'm glad I only had to watch!
Our final stop before heading to the finish line was to head to Barnes Park and play Human Boggle. The girls had to spell out certain words with their feet and hands in order to get their last clue. Too funny!
Ryan's team won, but only because they cheated...just kidding! All of the kids had a blast!
We then enjoyed watching Katie open her presents and eat cake and ice cream.
It was one of the funnest parties we've ever put on. Thanks again, Denise for all of your hard work! It was an amazing party!!


No comments:
Post a Comment