WHOA, NELLY!!!
Where the HECK did the rest of the summer go!?!?! I really need to do better on keeping this blog updated. I know I've said that before, but now that all, yes ALL of my kiddos are in school at least part of the day, maybe I can get my life a little more organized!! OK, so I'm going to try to catch you all up on the great summer we've had.
One of the best parts of summer is the the July 4th Celebration!! We had a great one this year especially, because the fourth landed on Sunday. That meant a whole weekend of fun!! On Saturday, we spent the morning at Grandma Janis' house eating a delicious breakfast. My parents make a mean breakfast spread and this day was no exception!!
We then took the kiddos to Lagoon A Beach for a while. That night we went over to Aunt Kathy's for some good Dutch Oven grub and Davis High fireworks!! Man, I really miss that tradition every year!!
The food was fantastic, the fireworks were great and the company was wonderful!!!
Oakley celebrated Independence Day on Monday, the 5th, so on Sunday night, we headed to the beautiful mountains. It was Grandma's big birthday party, so we had a great dinner and roasted marshmallows around the fire that night.
Happy Birthday, Grandma!! She is doing quite well in spite of falling and breaking her leg. Doesn't she look festive?
We all slept in a tent in Grandma's backyard Sunday night. This is one of the few times you will see me "camp" outside of church approved camping outings such as Trek or girls camp (I'm forced to participate in those circumstances), but we had fun just the same (except I completely FROZE the entire night!)
On Monday, we were ready to Par-tay!! There was the parade, of course....
And the Oakley town program....great, as always.
Then the water festivities began! First was the water park for the little kids...
Then the water obstacle course for the big kids. Grandma wanted everyone to participate, and we all had a blast. We had to race through tires,
Then run around a sprinkler until you were dizzy, and then walk across a board...
Then find a certain country on the giant water squirting globe,
Then hula hoop five times (I spared you the hilarious pictures of this one...) and then go across the slip n' slide...
It was a lot of fun, but we weren't finished with the water games just yet. Next came a rousing game of water balloon volleyball. Katie and Lauren did AWESOME!
And finally, because we hadn't stuffed ourselves with enough junk food and candy, there was a pinata for the kids...
Of course we went to the rodeo and watched the fireworks. It was a great day, as always, as evidenced by this picture that was taken moments after we left for home. We love the Fourth of July!!


No comments:
Post a Comment