Friday, March 12, 2010

NEW!!!

This week has been filled with new things for me, and I wanted to share them with you.  New is always good, right?  Almost always, anyway.

NEW TEETH...well, new filling anyway.  My old filling from when I was a kid was not so great anymore, so the dentist replaced it.  Gotta love new fillings, especially when the Novacaine deadens your nose, cheek and right eyebrow!



NEW TOWELS.  Mom Nancy is going to be thrilled with this one.  I have needed new towels for, oh, about ten years now.  I kept putting it off, because I didn't know how I wanted to decorate my bathroom, so I couldn't buy towels because I didn't know what color to get.  My old towels were almost completely shredded and a hideous forest green color.  Time to move on, folks! Whenever Mom comes to visit, she teases me about the condition of my towels.  You can now come on over, Mom!



NEW DEBIT CARD.  This one wasn't very fun, but I had to get a new one when I failed to retrieve my card from the ATM fast enough, and it was sucked up, never to be seen again!  Nice safety feature, I guess, but a pain as well.  The lady at the bank told me she had it, but that she would have to shred it....OK, time for a new one, I guess.



NEW FAVORITE BOTTLED WATER.  I guess I'm a bottled water snob.  I am really picky about my water.  Some tap water is good, and  some is disgusting.  Some bottled water is good, and others...not so much.  Costco water is really good, but I needed a bigger bottle for school, so I tried Smart Water.  I love it.  It is very yummy and it is turning me into a water drinker instead of a Coke drinker (still like Coke, just drinking less of it!)

NEW BUMPER.  Wahoo!  After carelessly backing up into an unsuspecting vehicle and denting up my bumper, I got a new one!  It looks perfect...



NEW ZIT. I'm going to spare you a picture here....I know, I'm so nice.  Just trust me that it's a beaut and it's on my nose.

NEW GLASSES.  I went in for a Lasik appointment thinking this was my year to become free from the bonds of contact lenses, but unfortunately, I am not a candidate for the procedure.  Just my luck!  So, I got cute new glasses instead.  People tell me I look smart with them on.  Does that mean that I look dumb without them?  Hmmmm. 

NEW KITCHEN TABLE!!  This is long overdue.  The table we had before wasn't new when we inherited it from my Mom Janis.  Most of the chairs broke (I think we had one original left and it was in bad shape) and it was just outdated.  I am in love with my new furniture.  It will be the place of many family dinners, activities, and game nights in the future!



So, that's what is new around here...anything new with you?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful new furniture! So exciting! -Tenille

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one I laughed at--guess what? My old towels are forest green too! Can you believe we liked that as much as we did? yuk yuk yuk . . . and my new ones are brown and white . . . I guess our good taste stays similar to each other at least, huh!?! : )

    ReplyDelete