Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!!

I can't believe that it's here, (I'm still wondering where the last three months went) but I LOVE this time of year!!

I need to still make three dozen rolls this morning, but I need to take a minute to express my gratitude for my blessings. I believe that my gratitude increases when I outwardly express it. Since starting this blog, I love updating my gratitude list each week because it helps me to really reflect on my life and all of the good in it.

So, on this Day of Thanks, here are some of the things I am thankful for:

• My wonderful family. What would I do without you? You are ALWAYS there for me and love me unconditionally. What a strength and support you are in my life!

• My Heavenly Father. He never gives up on me, just keeps helping me through life. He gave me wonderful parents and has guided me to where I am today.

• His son, Jesus Christ. He has given me SO much! Through Him, I am able to take my concerns, doubts, and fears to my Heavenly Father, and He then quiets those fears. He has literally healed my broken heart and broken body so many times. I am forever grateful...

• My freedom. I am so grateful for the privilege of living in this free land. To benefit from the loyalty, dedication, and sacrifice of countless heroes who have gone before to protect that freedom. It is humbling to think about them and how they have blessed the lives of me and so many others.

• My hubby. I included him in the first one, but he needs a separate shout-out. He is my best friend. I would not be the person I am today without him. Every day he makes me want to be a better person. He is such an example of unconditional love and he treats me like a queen. I can't express how much he means to me and I get tingles when I think about spending forever with him. He has taught me more about love than anyone else.

• My healthy body. Some would argue with me about that one, but I am so grateful for a working body. One that heals itself relatively easily and allows me to do the things that I need to do. I am also grateful for the times that my body has struggled to get better...it has taught me to rely on God and others more.

• Motherhood. I have three wonderful moms to look up to. They are wonderful people and have taught me more about my sacred calling to raise my beautiful children. Being a mother is the hardest and greatest thing I have ever, or will ever do and I can't express enough how grateful I am for the privilege.

• My desire to learn. I have always loved to learn, and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to finish my schooling. I'm grateful for a mind that can understand and gain knowledge.

• The comforts of home. How blessed I am to live in a nice house with warm rooms, warm water, working appliances, comfortable beds, food to eat, and even little things like toothbrushes and blow dryers.

• Good food. I have to put this one in here, because I love food so much! Life would definitely being far less wonderful without yummy stuff to stuff my face with.

• Friends. You are my lifeline! I have so many wonderful friends who love and support me through life. You call me out of the blue and cheer me up. You tell me that you pray for me when things are tough. We go to lunch and laugh our heads off. I know I can always count on you! Thank you for your friendship!

• Music. I love listening to music and singing it. I love how music makes me feel. What a blessing it is in my life.

These are just a few things on my gratitude list. A drop in the bucket, if you will. We all have so much to be thankful for!! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday! Now, let the feasting begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. Running into you made m so happy. I even ended up taking back the fabulous sweater (my SIL was wearing a bright pink one in the picture: I capitulated). I think the whole purpose for me to be at the mall that day was to run into you. One of the highlights of my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I hope you don't mind that I took a look at your blog. This entry really touched me and I needed that today. Thank you.

    -Brandi LeFevre Pitts

    ReplyDelete