Thursday, July 9, 2009

UTA Man Saves The Day And Other News....

This morning, I woke up to find that I didn't have a car. We went to the Bees game after work yesterday, and Ryan left his car in Salt Lake. So Ryan had taken my car to the Trax station because I was too lazy to get up and drive him. I had a doctor appointment scheduled for this morning, so I thought it was a brilliant idea to walk the two miles to the Trax station instead of having Tiff or someone drive me over there. It was a beautiful morning and I needed the exercise, so it seemed like a perfect idea.

I left a little later than I was hoping, so I just walked a little faster (hoping I wouldn't really stink by the time I found the car)...but I started to get a sinking feeling that maybe Ryan had taken the bus instead, and my car was parked at the Park 'n Ride lot instead of the Trax lot. We live halfway between both lots, but they are in the opposite direction of each other. If I picked the wrong lot, I would be very late for my appointment. I tried to call Ryan to check, but no luck. I just kept walking and hoping I wasn't going to regret this idea.

It was starting to get hot and I was really bookin' it. When I finally got to the Trax lot, I looked around and I found.....nothing! No car! Aahh! I debated for a moment of what I should do...walk to the other lot (which would take me about a half an hour), call someone to pick me up (how embarrassing), or what?

As I was walking through the lot, I did see a Trax employee in his official Trax truck taking a nap. He was staying nice and cool with his truck running and the A/C on. I decided to ask him for help. He wouldn't wake up at first, I had to keep knocking on his window, but he finally jumped, rolled down his window and listened to my bizarre story. I told him my husband had taken my car to what I thought was the Trax lot, but since I couldn't find it, I needed to go to the Park 'n Ride lot instead, how I had a doctor appointment that I was late for....blah, blah, blah. He laughed, told me to get in the truck and we would find my car together. How sweet! We found it right away and I was only 5 minutes late for my appointment.

Thank you, UTA man!!! I'm sorry to have interrupted your nap, but you are my hero for the day!!



In other news, I went and saw an orthopedic surgeon today. He went over the MRI I had for my shoulder and decided I need surgery. I have an impingement, meaning my bursa and tendons are being pinched due to an inflammation. I also have calcification somewhere in my shoulder (can't remember where) that needs to be removed and severe bursitis and tendinitis. Fun, huh? At least I know I'm not making all of this stuff up! My shoulder and arm have hurt so bad for a year and a half, and I've had doctors tell me they can't help me. I really like this surgeon, and I'm very optimistic that this will help. Of course, I'm also scared. I've never had surgery...ever...I still have my tonsils, all of my organs, and have had no C-sections. This is new territory for me, so it's a little nerve racking, but I'm excited to be able to move on and get better!!

So...I'm going in on Monday morning. It is an out-patient procedure, so I will be home later in the day. I will have a sling for a while and a pain med drip (cool!) for a couple of days. Then lots of PT and rest. We are planning to head up to Sun Valley on Wednesday....the doc seems to think this will be the best thing for me: a husband around all of the time, no laundry or housework to worry about, and lots of rest and relaxation. I was looking forward to riding bikes around Idaho, but Ryan and the kids will have to go ahead without me (good movies and good books, here I come!!).

That's the latest scoop from our neck of the woods. I will keep you all posted as best as I can. Any prayers will be greatly appreciated....

No comments:

Post a Comment