Monday, January 16, 2012

Plans For Twenty-Twelve

I'm grateful for another year of life on this earth surrounded by the people I love!!! 2011 was a wild and crazy year! The first half was nuts with Ryan's trial. Looking back, it was a blur. I generally don't do nearly as well without him around. He grounds me and keeps everything going well. We all missed him so much, but we got through it and learned to use the time we did have together better. We were all so grateful for our Florida trip...that really seemed to get us through to the end.

The second half of the year was spent tripping to here, there, and everywhere. Starting in May, Ryan and I went somewhere every month except December. May was Milwaukee, June to NYC, July took us to San Diego, August to Disneyland, September was Jackson, October back to Disneyland, and November to St. George!! Whew!! We got good mileage out of the luggage we received as gifts!! I'm grateful for all of the memories we made, from the little, every day ones to the big, fun trip ones.

So, now that a brand new year has begun, I thought I would look ahead to the coming months. To be honest, I haven't made many plans as of yet, but I do know a few things that will happen:

-Ryan and I are heading to California next month with our friends from the firm...adults only! I can't wait!

-Lauren will get her braces off this Spring!

-Ry will turn the big FOUR-OH!! (I tease him every night that I'm married to an old man!) I want to throw him a big party, but he's not too hip on the idea. At least I have a few months to convince him!

-(I can't believe I'm typing this next sentence...) Katie will be getting her driver's licence learning permit this Spring. AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

-We might go to Mesa Verde over Spring Break. It's somewhere we've never been and I've heard it's great. It's not definite, but I hope we can go.

-Ry and I are thinking about heading to Boston for work. Neither of us have been there and I would love to go!!

-We are signing Katie up for EFY this Summer. It is a huge conference put on by BYU for the youth. I can't wait for her to have that experience!

-Another trip that's just in the "let's see if we can make this work phase" is to go to Yosemite in the Summer. I would love to take the kids there!

-Again, I can't believe this, but Katie will start High School in the Fall.

HEAVEN. HELP. ME.

After that last bullet point, I can't write any more!! I only have a few short years left with my kiddos and it's screaming at me in the face! I'm realizing more and more how precious time is and how rapidly it passes.

I better make 2012 really count!!

Every.

Single.

Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment