Saturday, January 14, 2012

25 Things I Want to Remember Right Now....

I am determined to catch up on 2011, but here's what is going on right now:

1-I got an iPad for Christmas, and I can't tell you how much I love it!

2-I have spent the last week going through every one of my cookbooks and bookmarking the recipes I love, like, and want to try.

3-I then cataloged all of those recipes into my iPad so I can keep track of them. I now have literally years of new recipes to try!!

4-I am starting my voice lessons again. I absolutely love singing and want to get better at performing.

5-Braiden's basketball started up and he's pretty darn good.

6-There were so many changes made to my Primary recently, including one of my counselors. I will miss Charlene so much, but am excited to work with Jill again! I've been Primary President for over two years now, and I still absolutely love it!

7-I'm amazed at how fast time keeps flying by! Lauren is about to turn 13 and Katie is trying to figure out which classes to take for High School!

8-I volunteer at the elementary school every week. It's seriously one of the highlights! Those kids are so cute! (Disclaimer: two hours is all I can do! I am amazed at all of the wonderful teachers who put in endless hours! It would wear me right out!)

9-Ethan received Captain America pajamas for Christmas, so he keeps asking me when he can watch the Captain America movie while wearing them.

10-Ryan moved into his office before Christmas and we are slowly trying to decorate it.

11-My mom had to go to the ER for high blood pressure last week. It scared us all pretty bad, but in the end, I hope it was a good thing because it will make us more aware of this problem and keep her healthy longer. I love you, Mom!

12-When we arrived at the ER, we watched the aftermath of the police shooting in Ogden. What a sad thing to witness! It made me appreciate our public servants and all they do for us each day!

13-We love the show Psych at our house. It is a recent discovery, and Ryan gave me the first two seasons on DVD for Christmas. It is hilarious and we love watching it after the news before bed.

14-Katie is in the thick of her school play practice. She loves it and I'm thrilled for her to be doing what she loves.

15-Ryan was asked to speak in church on Christmas Day. He did a fabulous job and people still talk to me about how great he did.

16-We decided to be really mean parents and take away all kids' electronics (TV, computer, phones, IPods, and DS) for a whole week! I have to say, besides a few minutes of protests here and there, it has been GREAT!! We have played card games, read books, practiced the piano more this week and I haven't regretted being a mean parent! (I'm considering being a really mean parent one week out of every month!)

17-I am thrilled to be hanging out with my friend Stephanie more. We have both been so busy, but we are trying to make more of an effort to see each other.

18-Katie made cookie dough the other night, and I will never admit to how much of the huge double batch I ate! It was so yummy!

19-I am finally trying to learn how to run my camera, take better pictures, and figure out Photoshop!

20-Braiden is obsessed with all things sports. Jazz, football, stats, players, records, you name it. It's so funny to watch!

21-Ethan showed us his Irish dance moves the other day and had us all rolling on the floor with laughter!

22-Both girls earned a 4.0 this semester! What Smarty-Pants kids I have!

23-I have a slightly unhealthy addiction to the website Pinterest. There are so many cute ideas, and a few of them I have actually done myself.

24-Even though I consider my shoulder completely healed, I've discovered that I will probably never be able to go bowling again. Oh well, I stunk at bowling anyway!

25-Lauren and her BFF Kim call me "Mama Jen" and Lauren loves to call me "Fur-Fur" because I told her that's what my friends called me when I was in High School.

I could probably come up with at least 25 more, but that's a good start.  Life is good, people.  Really, really good.  That is all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment