Well folks, I'm finally getting around to blogging again. Since I'm so far behind, I will continue the "recap" posts, starting with December. We really had a great holiday season. I was really worried that Ry's work schedule would take him away from our family traditions, but we have been so blessed and he was able to spend quite a bit of time with us just enjoying the season. So, here's the run down of our month:
In December,
--I helped my mom with the Festival Of Trees. Our family has been involved with the Festival since I was sixteen, when my cousin was fatally hit by a car. We decorated a tree for him that year and at least one tree every year after that until just a few years ago. Fortunately, my mom joined a committee and I was happy to help. She made a wonderful felt gingerbread house centerpiece and we all helped in the boutique. It was a great experience to help out this wonderful organization
--I caught this funny moment when Ethan wanted a bubble bath. He's not my most "cleanly conscious" kid, so I was thrilled to let him have one. He's so funny!
--Enjoyed watching Katie, Lauren, and Ethan in their Showstoppers performance. They all did such a great job and had a blast doing it. Here are some pictures of them on stage and afterwards.
--Had a "Breakfast With Santa" Ward Christmas Party. None of the kids were too hip on getting a picture with the big guy.
--Made delicious goodies with Grandma Nancy who came to visit. We also exchanged wonderful gifts.
--Celebrated Christmas in Oakley with all of the Fraziers
--I caught up with my long time sweet friend, Hydee. We talked and laughed for hours!
--Helped with the kids' Christmas parties at school. My kids have wonderful teachers!! We played games and made crafts. Lauren even gave her teacher a car for Christmas!!
--Jen sang in church for the Christmas Program and didn't die of complete fright!
--We enjoyed the lights at Temple Square
--We decorated Gingerbread Houses. It's one of my all time favorite traditions of the whole year. I admittedly copped out and bought pre-made this year because I just couldn't roll out all of that dough with a healing shoulder, but we still had a blast with store bought and all of that candy! BTW, Lauren's BFF Kimberly came over to Grandma's and decorated with us. We love it when she can be with our family.
--On Christmas Eve, we went ice skating and had a blast!
--Had our huge annual Christmas Eve Party including food, festivities, and the Christmas Program that my kids put on every year
--Enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Morning
--Ryan got a great gift on Christmas morning. He is always telling the kids that what he wants for Christmas is a bunch of good kids, so they all put bows on their heads and gave themselves to him! So cute! I will deny that I teared up a bit watching them...
--Then we headed over to the Furlows for some yummy omelets (Grandpa Dennis' specialty) and gift exchange
--My favorite gift of the year was this recipe framed art that my mom made me. It was a collection of some of my Grandma Joyce's handwritten recipes. I will admit that I cried when I saw it! Thanks Mom and Grandma!
--My mom gave each of the kids a Nintendo DS. My siblings and I all pitched in to give my mom a cake decorating air brush. The following facial expressions are priceless!
--During the Christmas break, we went out to Grantsville and caught up with the ol' Utah State gang. We love them all so much and we're so glad we can keep in touch (Nan, you were missed!)
--And FINALLY, we rang in the new year with a big bash at our house!!!
WHEW!! What a month! So many wonderful blessings and memories! I may be way behind on this blogging thing, but at least it gives me a chance to record my memories and experiences, even if it takes me a while to do it!! On that note, Jan-Mar post coming as well as the rest of Florida Vacation posts!


No comments:
Post a Comment