Tuesday, March 15, 2011

GO JAZZ!!!

Hello, all! 

I hope I still have some followers to this little blog of mine.  I know that lately I've been inconsistent, at best, at contributing to this little online journal of mine, but I'm trying to do better.  I've decided that since I'm so far behind on blogging our family's crazy life, I will start with the present and work backwards, hopefully catching up in the process.  We'll see how this new strategy works out!

To catch you up on things around here, I would have to use the words: CRAZY BUSY! We had a great time in Orlando with the family, and since then, we have hit the ground running.  There was a TON of homework to catch up on (that's been chaotic, but even the kids would tell you that it was worth it to go on our trip), getting back on our schedule, and Ryan finally starting his HUGE trial. He is working insane hours now that we are back, like anywhere from 15 to 18 hour days, six days a week.  I'm so glad we got to go and spend so much time with him, because he just isn't around much anymore. All of March and most of April will be tough, but we will make it through.  Boy, I'll be glad to have him back!

To break up the chaos, we all went to a Jazz game last night.  My siblings and I decided to take my dad to a Jazz game for his Christmas present, but we wanted him to pick the game.  But we got busy with our Orlando trip, and it just never got scheduled until last week.  I found a SCREAMING deal online for lower bowl seats with a hot dog, for $30 a piece!  I was thrilled to find out that lower bowl meant 14th row behind the basket!  Yahoo!  We met at Hires for dinner, because some of us weren't thrilled with the hot dog option, and then made our way to the game.


Ethan wanted to have his hot dog at the game, so he enjoyed a Root beer float at Hires....maybe he enjoyed it a little too much!


At 7:30, Ryan called me to say that he miraculously finished his work for the night!  I tried to get him a ticket by us, but they would only sell me one at face value, which was $117!!  Unfortunately, at the same time, Katie started to feel ill, so Ryan took her home instead.  I was sad they both missed out. 


It was a great game...Nail-biting finish....And an overtime win!! 


Some highlights of the evening:

-Braiden made it on the Jumbo Tron with his dance moves!

-The little noise-making balloons they hand out to people behind the baskets were a huge hit with the kids. 

-Braiden has now started saving up for his own Jazz jersey!

-Watching my dad cheer on the team was priceless!

We had a blast!! I love spending time with my family, and I hope to find another good deal like this and do it again soon!! GO JAZZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment