Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trip Of A Lifetime....Part Seven

Aaahhhh, beach day in Dubai!!!  Nate and Carolynn have a membership to the Jumeriah Beach Club, so we spent a glorious day in the sun, how cool is that?  


Swimming in the Persian Gulf...check!  The water was so beautiful.  I don't think I've been swimming in the ocean with Ryan since our honeymoon.  It has been too long, and we both agreed we need to spend time at the beach more often.


Swimming within the sight of one of Dubai's famous landmarks was so cool...


Besides the ocean, they had a wonderful swimming pool.  Now this is the way to vacation!


Ryan and I just walked on the beach for a while.  The sand was perfect....


We gathered up some small shells and corral for the kids....


And we found these little "sand balls".  We were told that little crabs dig holes in the sand to build tunnels.  They scoop out balls of sand with their claws and push them out of the holes.  I really wanted to see a crab, but they all must have been napping...


They had these really yummy lemon popsicles...I think I had 3 or 4 of them!


We then took a little boat ride around the resort.  Little islands had been built so that guest of the resort could have privacy and the only way to access the little islands was by boat.  It felt like a Middle Eastern Venice.  It was just beautiful.





What a wonderful day at the beach!  Another big thank you to the Oscarson family for taking us there.  For me, it was one of the best parts of the whole Paris/Dubai trip!!

That night, I was wiped out, so Ryan and Nate went on another sight seeing adventure, and I went to bed.  They went and checked out Ski Dubai, an indoor ski resort attached to yet another HUGE mall.  I wish I could have seen it.


Nate told us that they had built the Ski Dubai building and then raised it up off the ground in a slope...wow!  The builders in Dubai are amazing: super tall buildings, creating new islands, and now a sloping building that was lifted off the ground!


We couldn't believe that our trip was almost over!  We had collected so many fun and wonderful memories!  Final post coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment