If you have followed my blog from the beginning, you may remember this post last year about our rocky start to the summer. Just as a recap, it wasn't pretty. Plans for a routine failed, contention was prolific, and mass chaos ensued....
Now, maybe I will jinx everything when I tell you that this summer is completely different. (Darn! I hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the butt!)
Last week, as we do at the beginning of every summer, we sat all of the kids down and gave them the run down of expectations. There WILL be chores EVERY DAY...you WILL be required to complete them before any TV watching, Wii playing or hanging with friends takes place....you WILL be nice, respectful, and helpful to your siblings and especially to your mother.
Well.....it has been Heaven On Earth, people!!
I can't believe the peace level in our home.
The house is getting clean and staying clean!
Children are being super nice to each other!
COMPLETE BLISS!!
Sad to say, I have no idea why it's different than all of the other times we have tried to maintain peace and sanity in our home, but it is. Now, you may be thinking that I am declaring this to be a great summer WAY too soon, but I'm just so thrilled with how it is starting that even if we slip a little, it will still be great!
Ryan and I are trying to figure out if we want to plan a little family vacation this summer. Usually we never go anywhere during the summer break, just too hot and crowded, but we feel strongly that we need to spend more quality time with our kids. With me going back to school, our overseas trip, and general craziness of life, we didn't want our kids to feel neglected. We are thinking about Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, or maybe somewhere North where it's a little cooler.
So with the good start we've had, having my shoulder completely healed, and the hopes for a fun little get away, I'm thinkin' it's going to be a really good summer!!


I've never been to Bryce but I can certainly vouch for Capitol Reef! I loved it when I went there. I don't know if they still do it, but when we went (like 12 years ago) it was a new moon, extra dark and several people brought their huge telescopes and let us look inside!! I don't know if that interests you but being the space nut that I am and was as a little kid, it was so awesome to see other planets and stars and stuff!
ReplyDelete