--This morning, I decided to pull an old pair of jeans out of the closet that I was certain would not fit me anymore. It seems as if I have gained at least 10 pounds since becoming a lazy college student (not really, but it sometimes feels like it). As I apprehensively pulled them on, I realized that they not only still fit me, but fit me well with a little bit of room to spare! Whew! And there was an added bonus...cash left in my pocket from months before! OK, so it was only three bucks, but still! I'm now three dollars richer!!
--I'm so excited that I get to go to lunch with three of my favorite people, Jody, Tiffanie and Eve. I love these women more than I can say. They are more like sisters to me than friends. How did I get so blessed to have such wonderful people all around me? You are all such a strength and support in my life!
--Finally, I can't stop thinking about a fireside I went to on Sunday night. It was a wonderful way to spend Valentine's Day with my sweetheart. The speaker was Bishop Keith McMullen from the Presiding Bishopric (He's a General Authority in our church). He talked about increasing the love we have for our spouse, our children and our Heavenly Father. He left me with a lot to think about. I need to do better at spending quality time with my kids, not just with fun activities, which are great, but at also spending time doing things where our testimonies can grow. Since applying some the the things he talked about, our scripture study sessions are already improving. I want my kids to know how important the gospel is in my life and instill in them a desire to find out for themselves if it is true and then to try to live it fully in their lives. At one point in the meeting, we all sang the song "Come Unto Him". I had heard the hymn a few times before, but was not very familiar with it. As we were singing, the words were jumping out at me and filling my heart with joy!
I wander through the still of night,
When solitude is ev'rywhere-
Alone, beneath the starry light,
And yet I know that God is there.
I kneel upon the grass and pray;
An answer comes without a voice.
It takes my burden all away
And makes my aching heart rejoice.
When I am filled with strong desire
And ask a boon of him, I see
No miracle of living fire,
But what I ask flows into me.
And when the tempest rages high
I feel no arm around me thrust,
But ev'ry storm goes rolling by
When I repose in him my trust.
It matters not what may befall,
What threat'ning hand hangs over me;
He is my rampart through it all,
My refuge from mine enemy.
Come unto him all ye depressed,
Ye erring souls whose eyes are dim,
Ye weary ones who long for rest.
Come unto him! Come unto him!
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and they love us! I'm so grateful for this knowledge! I know I can turn to my Heavenly Father any time and He will be there for me. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and He takes my sins and heartaches away. I love them both so much. I hope I can do a little better each day at coming unto Him so that I can always have His Holy Spirit with me. What a sweet joy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment