I have so many things to post about...Bryce Canyon, Family Reunion, and Trek are first on my list. But I don't have time to do that today.
I did just want to post a quick note and share that I am slowly accepting the fact that my daughter is growing up...much to my hesitation.
I taught her how to shave her legs today. Yep, shave. her. legs. She turned twelve in April, so I knew it was time, but I haven't been able to get myself to admit it. Several people have told me that I needed to let her shave much sooner, others think I should wait a little longer because once you start, you can never go back. It's such a hard call...I've never been a mother of a 12 year old before. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
For Christmas, I (oops, I mean Santa) got her shaving gel and razors for her stocking, and she has asked a few times if I would teach her, but I never got around to it. Yep, I'm in denial. But today, I decided that it was finally the day. I think she appreciated the lesson and felt like she was growing up a little bit more.
I think that lately, Katie and I have had a little friction between us in part, because she wants to be treated like a young lady....and I still see a little girl. So, we clash a little. It's hard for me to change and I'm a slow learner, but I guess I have to accept it. But lately I've noticed that when I treat her like a young lady, she acts like a young lady. I hope we can be really close as we move into this crazy whirlwind called the teenage years. Wish me luck!!
I did just want to post a quick note and share that I am slowly accepting the fact that my daughter is growing up...much to my hesitation.
I taught her how to shave her legs today. Yep, shave. her. legs. She turned twelve in April, so I knew it was time, but I haven't been able to get myself to admit it. Several people have told me that I needed to let her shave much sooner, others think I should wait a little longer because once you start, you can never go back. It's such a hard call...I've never been a mother of a 12 year old before. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
For Christmas, I (oops, I mean Santa) got her shaving gel and razors for her stocking, and she has asked a few times if I would teach her, but I never got around to it. Yep, I'm in denial. But today, I decided that it was finally the day. I think she appreciated the lesson and felt like she was growing up a little bit more.
I think that lately, Katie and I have had a little friction between us in part, because she wants to be treated like a young lady....and I still see a little girl. So, we clash a little. It's hard for me to change and I'm a slow learner, but I guess I have to accept it. But lately I've noticed that when I treat her like a young lady, she acts like a young lady. I hope we can be really close as we move into this crazy whirlwind called the teenage years. Wish me luck!!


I am proud of you! Denial is very powerful! I started when I was twelve and now I hate it more than anything, but I felt so grown up when I did it. And hairy legs in Junior High is "like, so not okay!"
ReplyDelete