Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another Twenty-Five

Twenty-Five Things About Us Right Now

1 - Ryan and I had a blast with our friends in Disneyland. Just adults at the Happiest Place on Earth....sounds crazy, but it was great!

2 - I only ate two frozen chocolate covered bananas while visiting the Magic Kingdom. I'm so disappointed in myself for not eating more.

3 - I absolutely love doing things with Ryan. I never get sick of spending time with him. After our fun weekend together, I missed him so much when he went back to work.

4 - I am so blessed to have such wonderful family! My parents took care of my sick little Ethan while I hopped on a plane and then Denise took them for the rest of the weekend. I appreciate all you do for me and my family! Thank you!

5 - Ethan finally learned how to ride a bike!!!! It was a long time coming (a combination of fear because he fell once, and lack of time spent on helping him), but he's doing great!!

6 - Ethan also lost his front top tooth and the other one will come out any day now. He will look so cute!

7 - I am reading the book, Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand. It is an amazing book! Go read it, now!

8 - I got the Spring cleaning bug a little early, and have been going crazy organizing my house. I took everything out of my pantry, cleaned and painted the shelves, and put it all back in perfect order. It is a beautiful sight.

9 - I also emptied my master closet, took a bunch of stuff to the DI, and organized it so nice and neat.

10 - I wish I would get the organizing urge in my garage or craft room. I hope I can get to those soon.

11 - My friends brought me some chocolate covered macadamia nuts from their Hawaiian vacation. I will be forever grateful.....so yummy!

12 - Braiden is growing out his hair a little so he can spike up the front. He is so funny about his hair...I had to buy a big bottle of hair gel and he's spending more time in front of the mirror!

13 - I can't wait for The Amazing Race to start!!

14 - I made Alton Brown's brownies the other day....they were so chocolatey, even for me! They were like death by chocolate! Yum!

15 - In order to make the brownies, I needed a kitchen scale because all of his measurements are in grams. I went and bought one and feel so special to have this chef-like kitchen tool!

16 - And speaking of yummy treats, I love cake bites from My Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakery. Oh. My. Goodness.

17 - I'm trying to nurse my crippled washing machine along. I really don't want to buy another one right now. However, I don't think it has much time left (sigh). It has been a wonderful machine for such a long time

18 - I am way overdue to watch the A&E Pride and Prejudice!

19 - Even though we've had such a mild winter, I still really want Spring to get here

20 - For her science class, Lauren had to put several eggs in vinegar to remove the hard part of the shell, and then place them in different liquids. I've had ugly looking eggs on my kitchen counter for over a week...ewwww!

21 - Because our church meetings start at 1:00 this year, I'm really missing my Sunday naps.

22 - I have a drinking problem. I have to have a Diet Coke every day. I really need to do better at cutting down on my consumption.

23 - I have two favorite drink spots...Kaysville's 7-Eleven and any McDonalds. The Sev has great ice and I can get caffeine free and then top it with a little Cherry Coke. If I need caffeine, Micky Don's (my father in law's name for it) has the best Coke. Hands. Down.

24 - I also have a onion ring problem. I have been craving them lately....bad! Why do they have to be so good?

25 - I love coming home, taking my shoes off and putting on thick, soft socks. I hate having cold feet.

1 comment:

  1. I love that egg experiment. Thanks for being a supportive mama. Hope we can catch up this summer. I miss my old friends . . . sometimes it seems they still know me best.

    ReplyDelete