
For Family Home Evening last night, we decided to hike up Adams Canyon. It is just up the road from us and I used to go there all the time in high school. It's a beautiful hike and we all need to get in better shape. We asked Denise to come along as well. She is so great with the kids.


The leaves were just starting to come out and I found this little wild flower. The air smelled so fresh and clean. I knew it was going to be a great hike.

The kids always enjoy hiking, but I'm always amazed at how well they do, especially the boys being as young as they are. Aunt Neecie found them all walking sticks, and she helped them along the way. The stream was quite full this time of year, but it wasn't muddy and the temperature was great. The best part of the hike? Not one fight, squabble, or selfish moment. It was a wonderful evening.

We hiked for almost 2 1/2 hours. We got as far as the first little waterfall before turning back. We should have turned back sooner because it was completely dark when we finally returned to our car, but we loved it. Ryan and I really need to get in shape in time for the Pioneer Trek this June. We will be coming back weekly, at least. A few more pictures...

Ethan just sat down on the trail for a few minutes and grinned...

Aunt Neecie being the World's Greatest Aunt




No comments:
Post a Comment